Gavin dedicates his practice to exclusively representing individuals in need – never corporations or large public institutions. Since graduating from the University of Washington School of Law in 2013, he has successfully handled hundreds of personal injury cases from inception to conclusion. In addition to personal injury cases, Gavin also selectively accepts criminal defense matters, Consumer Protection Act claims, insurance coverage disputes, and debt-collection defense.
Gavin started trial work before graduating from law school. While working as a Rule 9 Intern for the Snohomish County Public Defender’s Office, Gavin participated in four trials as first or second chair, securing not guilty verdicts in all of them.
Since 2014, Gavin has worked fulltime at Roth Davis, becoming a junior partner in early 2022. In this role, he has successfully handled approximately than 50 civil arbitrations and trial. To date, he has never had a full defense verdict entered against any of his clients.
A Seattle native, Gavin currently lives with his wife Jennifer, his husky Luna, and his cat Marvin. When he’s not working, Gavin enjoys playing chess, hiking, and watching the English Premier League. Gavin and Jennifer are expecting their first child in November of 2022.
Areas of Practice
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims including:
- Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Bus, Bicycle, and Pedestrian Accidents
- Drunk-Driving Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip-and-Fall or Trip-and-Fall Accidents
- Dog/Animal Attacks and Injuries to Children
- Catastrophic Injury Cases, Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries
Criminal Defense including:
- Simple and gross misdemeanors
- Drug possession charges
- Other Class C felonies
- No DUIs
- No crimes allegedly involving child victims
Civil Litigation including:
- Plaintiff Consumer Protection Act claims
- Breach of Contract claims
- Plaintiff Insurance Coverage disputes including Insurance Fair Conduct Act Claims
- Medical Debt Collection Defense
- Select Tenant-side landlord-tenant disputes
Professional Awards and Memberships
- Member – Washington Bar Association
- Award – “Top 40 under 40” National Trial Lawyers.
- Award – 2019 Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40 National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington 2013
2013 2L/3L Mock Trial Champion and second-best overall speaker
Member of Regional Mock Trial Team
Member of the Innocence Project NW
- Pitzer College, Claremont, California, 2010
Magnum Cum Laude
Founder of the Pitzer College Chess Club